Frequently Asked Questions
Find fast answers to your Colgate Total* questions.
Fights germs 12 hours which helps prevent:
- Tartar Build-up
- Bad Breath
Click on a question to view the answers.
- What makes Colgate Total* different from other toothpastes?
- What is the unique combination of ingredients in the Colgate Total* formula?
- Does Colgate Total* continue to work even after I eat or drink?
- How does Colgate Total* work for 12 hours?
- How does Triclosan work in preventing gingivitis?
- What bacteria is Colgate Total* effective against?
- Do all Colgate Total* toothpastes carry the Canadian Dental Association Seal of Acceptance?
- Can I use Colgate Total* everyday?
- Does Colgate Total* contain fluoride?
- How is Colgate Total* Fresh Stripe toothpaste different from Colgate Total* Clean Mint toothpaste?
- Does Colgate Total* Whitening provide the same benefits as Colgate Total* Clean Mint and Colgate Total* Fresh Stripe?
- How does Colgate Total* Whitening compare with other whitening toothpastes?
- Can Colgate Total* Whitening be used with a battery‐operated or electrical toothbrush?
- How is Colgate Total* Advanced Health* Intense Fresh different from Colgate Total* Fresh Stripe?
- Does Colgate Total* Advanced Health* Intense Fresh have all the same therapeutic benefits as other Colgate Total* toothpastes?
- What is daily oral health care?
- What is the best way to brush teeth?
- What oral care information is important to know for infants and children?
- How often should I visit the dentist?
- What's the difference between plaque and tartar?
- Which is better: Colgate* Great Regular Flavor or Colgate* Gel?
- Is Colgate Total* safe to use?
- When was Colgate Total* launched?
- What Type of Toothbrush Should I Use?
- How Often Should I Replace My Toothbrush?
- What is plaque?
- How much toothpaste should I use?
- Does Colgate make a toothpaste without mint?
- How do I know if the toothpaste I bought is still good?
- How much fluoride is in the toothpaste?